New Cars and Loans Pty Ltd
ABN 98 617 207 235
New Cars and Loans Pty Ltd ABN 98 617 207 235 and all its subsidiaries (“we”/ ”us”/ ”our”) endeavour at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles and the Credit Reporting Code which together will be referred to in this policy as “Australian Privacy Law.”
You are not required to provide us with your name or any personal information if you do not wish to. You are free to use any name allowed by law. We, however, may not deal further with you without obtaining your real name and other verifiable pieces of personal information.
We are not permitted by law to provide you with commercial credit nor are any external credit providers permitted to provide you with consumer credit without obtaining proof of your identity.
The kinds of personal information we collect
As a result of your visit to our websites, we may collect and store information about your visit to the websites including:
- the domain name and IP address of the computer from which you accessed the internet;
- the date and time you accessed the website;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website; and
- the pages you accessed while visiting the
Your internet service provider or the providers of your internet browser software may also collect such information for their own purposes. We are not responsible for the collection, storage and use of such information by these entities and refer you to their respective privacy policies.
As a result of you dealing with us (whether as a prospective or an actual customer, guarantor, contractor, supplier, service provider or employee) or as a result of us purchasing personal information about you from third parties, we may collect and store personal information from you or third parties about you, such as:
- your name;
- date of birth;
- your employer, previous employers and how long you have been in such employment;
- your email address; and
- your telephone number
If you apply for commercial credit we will collect and store commercial credit information in addition to the above personal information. Details of the kinds of commercial credit information we collect, how we use it and with whom we share it are set out below under the heading “Commercial Credit Information.”
If, having received commercial credit from us as agent, you apply to vary your payment arrangements with us on the grounds of hardship, you may supply us with sensitive information in addition to the above personal information and commercial credit information. Details of the kinds of sensitive information we may collect, how we use it and with whom we share it are set out below under the heading
If you apply for consumer credit through us to an external credit provider, we will collect, store and pass on consumer credit information in addition to the above personal information. Details of the kinds of consumer credit information we collect, how we use it and with whom we share it are set out below under the heading “Consumer Credit Information.”
If you choose to join a loyalty program through us whether that program is offered by us or by a manufacturer of motor vehicles supplied by us or by any other organisation, we may collect additional personal and sensitive information about you. Details of how we deal with such information are set out below under the heading “Loyalty Programs”.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information about you from your visit to our website through the use of technologies such as anonymous identifiers, session variables, and/or cookies. You may be able to set your internet web browser to block or limit cookies. Some features of our website may not work as efficiently or not at all if you have done so.
As a result of you dealing with us, we may collect personal information directly from you and this may be in person, over the telephone, by mail, over the internet, by other electronic means, by email or fax or by completion of an application or consent form whether on-line or otherwise. We may also collect personal information about you by purchasing it from third parties.
- inquire about our goods or services or about becoming our customer, or if you become our customer, in relation to a motor vehicle or other goods or services;
- apply to us for commercial credit or through us for consumer credit;
- agree to guarantee commercial credit from us or consumer credit through us to another person;
- receive commercial credit from us;
- apply to us to vary the terms of your payments under your commercial credit contract on the grounds of hardship;
- apply for employment with us;
- apply to and agree to join a loyalty program through us whether such program is offered by us or by a manufacturer or distributor of motor vehicles or other goods or services supplied by us or by any other organisation; or
- otherwise deal with us,
we may collect personal, credit and sensitive information about you from other sources when it is impractical or unreasonable for us to collect it directly from you. Among these other sources may be:
- a credit reporting body;
- someone authorised by you such as an agent, broker, accountant, solicitor, financial counsellor, introducer or a guarantor;
- a referee;
- an employer;
- a government body;
- financial institution;
- a professional or trade association or trade union; or
- our agents such as commercial agents, debt collectors or solicitors, and
- we may collect that information directly from them in person, over the telephone, by mail, over the internet, by other electronic means, by email or fax or by completion of an application or consent form whether on-line or otherwise.
How we hold your personal information
We use reasonable endeavours and take reasonable steps to secure your personal information which may include steps such as:
- maintenance of a secure environment for storage of information whether in hard copy or in electronic form;
- requiring that access to such information be confined to authorised personnel only;
- using technology such as encryption and/or password protection to secure information kept in electronic form, where practicable and
We require and/or expect other entities which collect your personal and other information from us either by usage or through disclosure to use reasonably available technology to secure that information.
We are not responsible for the security of any computer, mobile phone, tablet computer or other device which you use to access our website or to communicate with us and through which we provide communications, to which you have consented, to you.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
If you are a user of any website of ours, a prospective customer, a customer or guarantor of a customer’s credit, a contractor or supplier of goods and services to us, an employee, a job applicant or other person from or about whom we collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information we shall do so only for the following purposes:
- any purpose permitted by Australian Privacy Law or any other law;
- the administration of any contract of supply of goods or services to or by us;
- the provision of products and services to our customers (actual and prospective);
- the administration of any warranty provided to you;
- the consideration of any proposed guarantee of credit;
- to contact you to ask about your experiences with or impressions of goods or services supplied to you or in respect of which you have made enquiries;
- to contact you regarding product recall;
- to provide services such as training to our employees, contractors and providers of goods or services;
- assessment and processing of any job application; and
- otherwise for the administration and management of our business;
- to improve website useability;
- any purpose required by law so as to identify you as required by the Anti- Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act;
- in order to investigate or assist with any investigation into any complaint about the conduct of our business, in particular, under Australian Privacy Law or any other law;
- to otherwise enforce any term of any contract or other right which arises out of or in relation to our dealings with you;
- to communicate with you (or to disclose your personal information to third parties so they may communicate with you), by way of direct marketing, information about our products and services or those of other organisations;
- to search and/or register any Personal Property Securities;
- as part of a prospective sale, transfer or restructure of our business;
- to allow the manufacturer or distributor of any products or services purchased by you or in respect of which you have made enquiries or which you get serviced or repaired with us, to achieve any of the purposes outlined above (and this includes the disclosure of your personal information to the manufacturer or distributor for such purposes and we are able to refer you to their Privacy Policies); or
- to otherwise communicate with you for the purposes outlined
In addition, if you apply to us for commercial credit or receive commercial credit from us, we will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and commercial credit information in order to:
- assess your credit application;
- manage your credit contract;
- consider any application for variation of your payments whether or not on the grounds of hardship;
- collect any debt or otherwise enforce any rights arising under your commercial credit contract.
To find out more on how we deal with your commercial credit information or sensitive information if you apply to us for commercial credit or receive commercial credit from us, please see below under the heading “Commercial Credit Information.”
In addition, if you apply through us for consumer credit to an external credit provider, we will collect, hold and disclose your personal information and your consumer credit information in order to:
- progress your consumer credit application to the relevant external credit provider;
- report to you on the progress of your application for consumer credit; and
- otherwise manage the provision of consumer credit to finance your purchase from
- To find out more on how we deal with your consumer credit information please see below under the heading “Consumer Credit Information.”
- We may disclose your personal information, including commercial credit information and consumer credit, and sensitive information, to other parties as part of a process of merger, acquisition, sale of our business or our other assets. If you do not wish this to happen, you may notify us by email, post or facsimile
If, for any of the above purposes, we disclose your personal information to any supplier of services to our business or to any prospective purchaser of our business we shall do so only if it is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed above and we shall:
- do so in accordance with Australian Privacy Law;
- obtain assurances from those suppliers that they keep your personal information confidential and/or comply with Australian Privacy Law, if required by law to do
How to opt out of receiving direct marketing material
If you wish to raise any concern about direct marketing material you receive from us or through use by others of our databases, please contact us by email, post.
Where we send you direct marketing material we will also provide you with a means to advise us that you no longer wish to receive some or all of this material from a subsidiary, and/ or that you do not wish to receive specific means of communication from that subsidiary.
If at any time you wish to change your preferences in relation to receipt of future direct marketing material (from one or more, or even all of us) so as to opt out of receiving that direct marketing material which you no longer wish to receive from one or more of us, you may only do so by contacting us by email, post or facsimile or by any other means referred to in our direct marketing material.
Commercial Credit Information
“Commercial Credit” is credit to finance the purchase of goods or service from us which are for business use and not for personal, domestic or household purposes.
As notified above, we will collect, hold, use and disclose commercial credit information about you if you:
- apply for or receive commercial credit from one of our lenders.
- agree to provide a guarantee for any other person or company which applies for or receives commercial credit from
The commercial credit information which we may collect from you includes:
- Financial Information including:
- Assets; and Liabilities.
Credit liability information about any credit accounts you have applied for or hold with us including:
- type of account;
- when it was opened and, if applicable, closed;
- if a credit account, then the maximum amount of credit approved;
- other specific terms and conditions of the
Repayment history information of credit accounts you now hold or which you have held with us including:
- Whether or not payment was made in any month it was due;
- Any late payments;
- In what month the payment was ultimately
- Information about the credit application including:
- The type of credit, whether consumer or commercial;
- The amount of credit
Default information about you when you have failed to make a payment owed to us or to another credit provider which remains overdue for more than 60 days and which, we may disclose to a credit reporting body or which has already been disclosed to a credit reporting body by another credit
- Court proceedings information about a judgment of any Australian court that was made against the customer in relation to any credit that was provided to or applied for by
- Publicly available information about the customer that is not otherwise described above but which is relevant to their credit
- Credit worthiness or credit eligibility information which we obtain from a Credit Reporting Body.
We shall not disclose your credit information to any other party for the purposes of direct marketing though we may disclose other personal information for that purpose as described above.
In order to obtain credit information about you from Credit Reporting Bodies we may be required to disclose to them commercial credit information about you which we hold. Those Credit Reporting Bodies may then include that commercial credit information about you in reports they provide to other credit providers.
We may disclose your commercial credit information to other credit providers on production of your written consent and at our discretion informed by our obligations under Australian Privacy Law.
This includes all the commercial credit information described above with the exception of your Financial Information. It does, however, particularly include:
- Credit worthiness or credit eligibility information;
- Information about your credit
The Credit Reporting Bodies to which we may disclose your credit information are:
Dunn and Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd
PO Box 7405, St Kilda Road, MELBOURNE Vic 3004
Veda Advantage Ltd Website: www.veda.com.au
We refer you to the Privacy Policies of these Credit Reporting Bodies.
If you have contacted us and are not satisfied with our Privacy Handling Process in relation to your personal information, you may also refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 2999
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Tel: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666